Dr. Tom Wright attended Tulane University and the University of Texas at Austin prior to entering the University of Texas Dental Branch in Houston. He received his DDS degree in 1974 and completed his Periodontal Residency in 1976. As Chief Resident in 1976, he led the Clinical Research division of a National Institute of Health investigative study to examine the periodontal health of patients with defects in the immune system. Ongoing extensive training in Dental Implantology began in 1986 and continues currently.
Dr. Wright has been in a Private Practice Limited to Periodontics and Implantology since 1976 and is an adjunct Professor in the Department of Periodontics at the University of Texas Dental Branch.
- American Dental Association
- American Academy of Periodontology
- Texas Dental Association – Life Member 2014
- Ninth District Dental Society – President 2007/2008
- Greater Houston Society of Periodontists – President 1980
- Implant Prosthodontic Section of the International Congress of Oral Implantologists
- The International Congress of Oral Implantologists
- Academy of Osseointigration
- American Academy of Implant Dentistry
Martin Cattoni Award for Excellence in Periodontics May 1974
Congressional Record Citation 1974
Texas Monthly Super Dentist 2015
Who’s Who – Global Register 1998-2013
H-Magazine – Top Dentist in Houston 2009-2015
America’s Top Dentists – CRC 2005-2015
Cambridge Who’s Who in Research, Medicine, Healthcare 2007-2015
Texas Dental Association – Service Recognition Award 2007/2008
Dr. Wright and his wife Debbie have five sons and eleven grandchildren. Dr. Wright and Debbie love spending their free time in Brenham, looking at the beautiful country side.
Wonder if it’s time to see a Periodontist? Learn More.